Salmon With a Mango Slaw
Prep time15 m
Cook time10 m
Total time25 m
|8 (5 oz each)||salmon fillets|
|1 cup||Ancient Harvest Harmony Quinoa|
|1||red bell pepper, diced|
|0.75||English cucumber, diced|
|2 cup||red cabbage, shredded|
|1 cup||green cabbage, shredded|
|Maldon sea salt flakes|
|limes wedges, optional|
|2 cup||chicken broth, optional|
|1||red onion, diced, optional|
|parsley or cilantro, optional|
|1||juice of entire lime and zest|
|1 tbsp||toasted sesame oil|
|1 tbsp||extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|0.25 tsp||chili powder|
|0.25 tsp||garlic powder|
- The oven is first preheated to 425°F (218°C) after which the baking sheet to be used is lined with a parchment paper.
- Quinoa is then prepared following the steps stated on the available box or two cups of the chicken broth, one cup of the prepared quinoa are boiled and cooked on low simmer for the duration of about 18 minutes.
- The complete slaw mixture is then chopped or diced and shifted to the serving bowl; all ingredients are then properly mixed for the slaw. Once the quinoa has cooled to some extent it is added to the bowl.
- In order to prepare the dressing all the required dressing ingredients are added together in a small bowl and mixed well.
- The prepared dressing is then poured over all those slaw ingredients which were made ready earlier.
- A paper towel is used in order to pat dry and clean the salmon.
- Salmon is then rubbed with olive oil, pepper and salt. Lemon juice from a half piece of lemon is added to it.
- Salmon is then added to the baking sheet with its skin side down and is transferred to the oven.
- Now it is cooked for about 6-8 minutes until the skin gets easily flaked.
- It is then ready and is served immediately.
Recipe NotesThe slaw can be best consumed even after 5 days of its preparation and can be prepared a day before. It is best served with a chicken, pork or any fish.
Amount per serving ( total)
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||25.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.3 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4.1 g|
|Total Sugars||8.7 g|
|Vitamin A, RAE||146 μg|
|Vitamin B1||0.54 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.33 mg|
|Vitamin B3||12.18 mg|
|Vitamin B5||2.59 mg|
|Vitamin B6||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin B9||90.2 μg|
|Vitamin B12||3.97 μg|
|Vitamin C||47 mg|
|Vitamin D||745 IU|
|Vitamin E||2.54 mg|
|Vitamin K||23.2 μg|
* The Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.