Tortilla Soup with Avocados
Total time30 m
Original recipe yields:
8 servings (1 cup per serving)
|3 (14 oz) cans||chicken broth, low sodium|
|2 (10.75 oz) cans||tomato soup, condensed, reduced sodium|
|0.5 bunch||cilantro, leaves only|
|3 cloves||garlic, finely chopped|
|0.5 tsp||black pepper, ground|
|1||ripe California avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped|
|8||corn tortilla chips, crumbled|
- Stir tomato soup, chicken broth, garlic, cilantro, and ground black pepper together in a large saucepan.
- Turn the heat on high and wait for the mixture to boil.
- Drop the heat to a simmer and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature further.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor to puree. You may need to do this in batches.
- Pour the pureed soup back into the pan. Keep the temperature on a low setting so that you simply warm up the soup again.
- Add the avocado to the soup.
- Pour the soup into bowls to serve.
- Garnish the top of each with crumbled tortilla chips. Add red pepper flakes if you want to give the recipe some kick.
Amount per serving ( total)
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.7 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||14.6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.9 g|
|Total Sugars||6.4 g|
|Vitamin A, RAE||18 μg|
|Vitamin B1||0.04 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.11 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.09 mg|
|Vitamin B5||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0.13 mg|
|Vitamin B9||10.7 μg|
|Vitamin B12||0.16 μg|
|Vitamin C||11 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 IU|
|Vitamin E||0.56 mg|
|Vitamin K||6.8 μg|
* The Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.