Lemon Chicken with Vegetables and Rosemary
Total time35 m
Original recipe yields:
4 servings (½ chicken breast and 1 cup vegetables per serving)
|1.5 cup||baby carrots|
|0.5 lb||small red potatoes, rinsed and cubed|
|1 cup||green beans, trimmed|
|2 (1/2 lb)||boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|0.25 cup||lemon juice, divided|
|1 tbsp||chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary|
|1 tsp||lemon peel, grated|
|0.25 tsp||black pepper, ground|
- Pour 8 cups of water into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the carrots, potatoes and green beans.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Drain out the water and pour the veggie mixture into a bowl.
- Slice each chicken breast in half.
- Coat a frying pan with olive oil.
- Turn the heat up to medium and add the chicken breasts.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then flip the chicken breasts over. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour the veggie mixture into the frying pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook another 5 minutes. Check to make sure the chicken is done.
- Drizzle on the lemon juice and serve immediately.
Presentation » Served Hot
Amount per serving ( total)
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||6.6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs||24.7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.7 g|
|Total Sugars||11.7 g|
|Vitamin A, RAE||124 μg|
|Vitamin B1||0.16 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.24 mg|
|Vitamin B3||9.76 mg|
|Vitamin B5||1.74 mg|
|Vitamin B6||1 mg|
|Vitamin B9||33.3 μg|
|Vitamin B12||0.18 μg|
|Vitamin C||17 mg|
|Vitamin D||1 IU|
|Vitamin E||1 mg|
|Vitamin K||24.1 μg|
* The Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.